Hypnosis and Weight Loss
Hypnosis is a combination of focus, attention and concentration onto a specific target or goal or issue that we are trying to aim for, improve or remove altogether. So the goal for someone on a weight loss programme is to lose weight healthily and achieve a target weight, and once that target weight has been achieved, to maintain it.
In other words, when hypnosis is directed towards weight loss, it helps us lose weight.
As a hypnotherapist, I help the client direct their attention towards:
– Building a positive image of themselves at their target weight, and making this experience of their target weight as real and vivid as they can, sending powerful ‘change’ messages to the mind.
- Dealing with the often negative emotions and feelings surrounding unhealthy eating habits.
– Noticing triggers for unhealthy eating and reacting differently to these triggers so that unhealthy eating patterns are disrupted.
– Making the necessary changes to eating habits and lifestyle in order to promote effective weight loss.
– Accessing power and control from within in order to prevent binge eating and stop eating unhealthy fattening and sugary foods.
– Increasing motivation to exercise and staying motivated to maintain the target weight once it has been achieved.
Of course, each of the above is tailored directly to a clients specific needs as we are all individuals with different thoughts and feelings towards eating as well as different eating habits.
In conclusion, as a hypnotherapist with many years of experience with helping people empower themselves and take control of their lives I can categorically confirm that what we focus upon with our minds we can be successful at achieving!
Mark Spalek GHR (reg), Dip. Hyp, Dip. NLP, GQHP, MSc, BSc, PGCE